Give Back Through Community Service
Here are just a few of the community service activity in which SUN Tech has participated in the last two years:
- Construction of a concession stand at the Shikellamy School District
- Construction of a concession stand at the Selinsgrove School District
- Put siding on a warehouse that we constructed at the Midd-West School District
- Ad Art painted the progress sign for the New Berlin Energy Independence Project. The project was focused on conserving energy in the borough.
- Advanced Precision Machining collected Toys for Tots.
- Criminal Justice assisted the New Berlin Police on Halloween by patrolling the streets.
- Ad Art designed, printed, and trimmed book marks for the Middleburg Elementary Book Fair.
- Welding and Advanced Precision Machining fabricated and painted a bear trap for the Pa Game Commission.
- Food Service prepared cakes and cookies for the New Berlin Energy Independence Project Town Meeting.
- Dental and Cosmetology raised $158.00 selling pink ribbons for breast cancer research.
- The Council of Presidents collects food for the Feed a Friend Drive each year. They also collect warm clothing.
- Collision did body work and painting for the New Berlin Police Department.
- Assisting SEDA-COG with the New Berlin Energy Independence Project (HVAC/Carpentry students went with SEDA-COG to check homes for the need of weatherization)
- Twice a year the Dental, Health and Criminal Justice programs assist the Red Cross in a blood drive here at SUN
- Build and install cabinets in the Northumberland Community Center
- Construction of a storage shed in New Berlin
- Every year the students assist in the preparation in setup of the Christkindle Market in Mifflinburg. This is run by non-profit organizations. Our Ad Art, Drafting, Welding, Carpentry, Cabinet Wood, Electrical, and Collision Programs have designed and made many of the displays.
- Construction of a pavilion here on school property
- Weld cemetery flag holders for veterans
- Electrical, HVAC and Cabinetry completed the construction of our second Health program which included construction and installation of cabinets.
- Ad Art designed posters for the Snyder County Library fund raiser.
- Health donated toiletries and spent time with the clients at Rolling Hill Manor.
- Cosmetology wrapped gifts for the Ronald McDonald House at Geisinger Medical Center.
- Drafting updated burial plots for the Church Hill Cemetery.
For more details on these or any of our other community service projects, please see the Community Service pages for any of our 19 programs.