In accordance with Right-to-Know Law, (65 P.S. §§67.102 et seq.), requests for access to public records may be filed as follows:
Each request must include the identification of the requested record in sufficient specificity to assist the school in determining what record is requested, the medium in which the record is requested, and the name, address, and phone of the person to receive the school’s response. Verbal and anonymous requests will not be accepted. Send requests to:
Open Records Officer Jennifer Hain
SUN Area Technical Institute
815 East Market St.
New Berlin , PA , 17855-0527
Requests must be made between the normal business hours of 7:30 AM and 3:30 p.m. A complete copy of the policy is available at the school website. Requesters may use the form made available by the Office of Open Records.
Requests will be responded to within 5 business days. Exceptions to the 5 days may occur in accordance with the factors stated in law. Up to a 30-day extension for one of the listed reasons does not require consent of the requester. The requester may consent in writing to an extension that exceeds 30 days. The school shall notify the requester that the record is available for delivery at the administration office. If the requester does not retrieve a record within 60 days of the school’s response, the school shall dispose of the copy and retain any fees paid to date. Denials may be appealed to:
Lewisburg Area School District
1951 Washington Ave., Lewisburg, PA 17837
The following fees may be assessed:
- Black & White Copies: Up to $0.25 per copy.
- Color Copies: Up to $0.50 per copy.
- Specialized Documents: Up to actual cost.
- Records Delivered via Email: No additional fee may be imposed.
- CD / DVD: Up to actual cost, not to exceed $3.00 per disc.
- Flash Drive: Up to actual cost.
- Facsimile: Up to actual cost.
- Other Media: Up to actual cost.
- Redaction: No additional fee may be imposed.
- Conversion to Paper: Up to $0.25 per page.
- Photographing a Record: No additional fee may be imposed.
- Postage: Up to actual cost of USPS first-class postage.
- Certification: Up to $5.00 per record.