Day-Time Adult Education
SUN Area Technical Institute provides day-time adult education opportunities to adults seeking training in any of our [sun_program_count] programs. Residents of our 5 sponsoring school districts (Lewisburg, Midd-West, Mifflinburg, Selinsgrove, and Shikellamy) are given first priority, but all adults possessing a high school diploma or GED may apply.
An adult enrolled as a full-time student will complete a full program of studies starting at the beginning of the school year (August) through the end of the school year (June). A full-time adult student will attend five days per week, 5.5 hours per each day per the approved school calendar.
SUN Tech is an equal rights and non-discriminatory school.
Adult Education Funding
Students, their employer, or various government agencies can pay tuition at SUN Tech. Specialized funding programs for businesses and industries are also available. Contact the Adult Education Coordinator for more information at (570) 966-1031.
Six Step Plan
- Complete a prior enrollment questionnaire and send a copy of high school diploma or GED.
- The school will schedule a pre-enrollment interview to decide your needs and help select a course.
- Student selects occupational area.
- Student meets with school guidance staff and instructors who will help develop a training plan which will include the program length, days of attendance, competencies and cost.
- The Adult Education department will explain tuition costs. We divide our school year into four terms; the adult student pays before the first day of each term.
- Pre-entrance orientation.
Bureau of Workforce Investment Approved Adult Daytime Programs
- Carpentry (CIP Code 460201)
- Computer & Networking Technology (CIP Code 110201)
- Dental Health Technology (CIP Code 510601)
- Diesel & Truck Technology (CIP Code 470605)
- Electrical Systems Technology (CIP Code 460399)
- Health Professions & Related Sciences (CIP Code 510899)
- Masonry (CIP Code 460101)
- HVAC & Plumbing Technology (460501)
- Advanced Precision Machining (CIP Code 480501)
- Welding (CIP Code 480508)