Dental Health Technology
Get the root of your education in Dental Assisting. By coming to SUN Tech you will be prepared with a variety of hands-on experiences and practical clinical training that will lead to careers as a Dental Assistant and other dental auxiliaries.
As a dental assistant you will learn to prepare patients for treatment, sterilize instruments, practice infection control, prepare materials, and make study models from impressions. You will also be exposed to digital x-ray technology and provide chairside assisting with a local dentist to gain clinical experience.
What’s in it for you: By completing this program you will obtain leading edge training in the following areas:
- Earn advanced college level education by participating in dual enrollment through Harrisburg Area Community College to gain an impressive 12 credits.
- Students will participate in a clinical rotation to gain valuable skills, procedures, and patient care for all aspects of the dental profession.
- It also prepares students to take the Pennsylvania Radiology Registration examination through the Dental Assisting National Board (DANB).
- Prepare for emergency situations and health-related experiences.
- Obtain CPR/AED and First Aid Certification.
- Follow OSHA and CDC guidelines for dental professions so that your skills will be current and up to date.
- Target employability skills that will lead to family sustaining wages.