Electrical Systems Technology
A HIGH PAYING JOB IS WAITING FOR YOU! Be a success in life by starting an exciting career in the electrical industry by gaining skills that demand high wages!
The Electrical Systems Technology class provides training through a combination of classroom instruction and practical, hands-on assignments. Projects, both within and outside of the school, give you hands-on experience in a safe, supervised environment. You will learn to design and build electrical systems to meet the requirements of the National Electrical Code and OSHA. Emphasis is placed on developing skills used in residential, commercial, and industrial installation, design and repair. Local methods, materials and requirements are taught, therefore making you highly employable.
By attending the SUN Area Technical Institute’s Electrical Systems Technology program you can:
- Learn a skill that will lead to a high paying job.
- Enter a field where skilled technicians are in high demand.
- Earn college credits while in high school.
- Start your own business.
Skills you will acquire in the SUN Tech Electrical Systems Technology program include:
- Electrical Safety
- Learn how to wire a home to meet National Electrical Code requirements.
- Design and troubleshoot motor control circuits used in industry.
- Develop Programmable Logic Control (PLC) programs that control modern day manufacturing processes.
Gain an understanding of the fundamentals of electricity.